In the last several months we have shared exciting news and updates about the new Upper School construction project and our temporary classroom space.
We are officially moved out of Ratcliffe Hall and into temporary space in Kinsolving, Price, and Ordeman buildings, Middleton Athletic Center, and the temporary Math/Language Building (MLB). As you know, we have also shifted the Upper School carpool pattern. Throughout this process, the boys have been flexible, cooperative, and helpful. We thank you and them for your assistance and patience.
With pre-demolition underway and students now settling into the temporary classroom space, we have heard a number of questions from families and wanted to take this opportunity to share answers with everyone.
- The MLB, the new modular building next to the baseball field, does not have a restroom.
- Students needing to use the restroom while taking classes in the MLB may use the restrooms in the nearby Kinsolving building or, if necessary, the baseball field porta potty.
- Next week, a water cooler will be installed in the MLB.
- We will have permanent power to the MLB connected this summer. The generator that is currently in use is a temporary supply of power.
- The generator is large and is equipped to handle the full cooling (and heating) needs of the building.
WIFI and IT
- The MLB is equipped with full WIFI service and all of the projectors and Smartboards that were used in the Upper School have been installed and are operational.
Through the remainder of this year and next, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Please let us know if you would like a tour of the new temporary Upper School spaces. We would love the opportunity to show you where your boys are learning.