St. Paul's School is searching for a full-time substitute Middle School Visual Arts Teacher to teach a comprehensive 5th through 8th grade visual arts program. This position starts on or about January 3, 2019 and lasts at least 6 weeks. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching middle school boys, and experience work in a dynamic visual art classroom.
The highly effective St. Paul's middle school Visual Art teacher will:
- Foster an exciting, dynamic, and creative learning environment wherein the teaching of skills, techniques and a passion for art are paramount, while instilling pride in the program among students and the greater community.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of middle school art techniques and pedagogy in a studio setting.
- Actively engage students in the curriculum and concepts through varied and differentiated instruction.
- Use a variety of art resources in teaching including, drawing, painting, visual arts, graphic arts, and other 2D/3D media.
- Incorporate various forms of technology within the classroom and lessons.
- Identify and/or develops resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Make learning irresistible through challenge in a well-structured and differentiated classroom.
- Be compassionate, kind, and love teaching/working with middle school boys.
- Be a lifelong learner passionate about their discipline.
- Be eager to work in an interdisciplinary, cross-curricular, and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, accountability, and humor.
- Serve as a great role model and advisor for adolescent boys.
- Consistently seek excellence, feedback, and demonstrates a growth mindset.
- Provide a positive learning environment.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Function well both independently and in a team setting.
- Meet deadlines, lead initiatives, and be proactive.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and administrators.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Applicants must have a background in and the ability to captivate and challenge adolescent boys through the teaching of art. In addition to a passion for the education of middle school boys, an ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, and willing to teach as a member of a grade level academic team. They will also be an advisor to a group of middle school students as well as leading or assisting in an extracurricular activity.The middle school art teacher will work collaboratively with the lower and upper school art teachers, as well as with other members of the middle school faculty.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in visual arts or visual art education is required; A Master's degree is preferred.
- Certification in art education grades K-12 is not required, but is a consideration.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years teaching experience in elementary or secondary schools.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.