St. Paul's School is searching for a Substitute Middle School Spanish Teacher to join us from November 6 – November 20, 2018.Teachers at St. Paul's School are passionate, innovative, and dedicated members of the St. Paul's community who embrace the philosophy, values and traditions of the School while always striving for excellence.Teachers are committed to individual and professional growth, value and respect every member of the community, and are devoted to helping students achieve success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Classroom preparation, instruction, and assessment;
Planning and Preparation:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of students
- Select appropriate instructional goals
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of resources
- Design coherent instruction for all learners
- Assess student learning
- Communicate clearly and accurately
- Use quality questioning and discussion techniques
- Engage students in learning
- Providing feedback for students
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
The Classroom Environment:
- Create an environment of respect and rapport
- Establish a culture for learning
- Manage classroom procedures
- Manage student behavior
- Organize physical space
- Maintaining accurate records
- Communicate with families
- Show professionalism in decision making
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required;
- Certification in art education grades K-12 is not required, but is a consideration.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years teaching experience in elementary or secondary schools.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.