St. Paul's School, founded in 1849, is a college-preparatory day school in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, with a co-ed Lower School and all-boys' Middle and Upper Schools. The school's mission, "Seek truth, knowledge, and excellence; live by faith, compassion, and integrity," is the daily standard for all members of our community.
Seek Truth, Knowledge and Excellence; Live by Faith, Compassion and Integrity.
The P.E. educator is the primary instructional delivery person for student health, wellness, fitness and growth. The educator collaborates with school team members and provides strategies and supports for increasing student movement and fitness within the regular classroom. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The educator must be collaborative, a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.In addition, this position requires someone well trained in P.E. content knowledge, early learners, and effective and engaging teaching strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching young learners.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a child-centered classroom.
- Facilitates children's physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success. 7. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops engaging and effective lesson plans and supplementary materials.
- Provides ongoing formative feedback to students.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset individually and supports this development with all students.
- Communicates in developmentally appropriate ways through a humane, sensitive approach that clearly communicate that every child, regardless of ability, can succeed and will benefit from a physically active, healthy lifestyle.
- Collaborates with school team members in providing ideas and support to increase health and wellness, movement and activity within the classroom.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in physical education
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and playground areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates fitness and social and emotional growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records as necessary.
- Maintains control of storage, PE equipment, recess equipment, locker room, and school property.
- Evaluates each student's growth in physical skills and knowledge and collaborates with center staff to share with parents.
- Actively supports and builds a strong positive culture and learning environment.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with team members, parents, community members, and partners to improve the instructional program and student success.
- Effectively use technology to support effective instruction and student learning.
- Communicates with parents and team members on student progress.
- Supervises students in and out of classroom.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Complies with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
A minimum of 5 years Physical Education Teaching experience is required.Coaching experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&LockSSL=true
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.