Teachers at St. Paul's School are passionate, innovative, and dedicated members of the St. Paul's community who embrace the philosophy, values and mission of the School while always striving for excellence. Teachers are committed to individual and professional growth, value and respect every member of the community, and are devoted to helping students achieve success.
Teachers of first grade should be energetic, compassionate people who are ready to collaborate in a team setting and who are flexible and able to manage young students with a variety of learning needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Classroom preparation and instruction, and other assigned duties (lunch, recess, etc.) represent a full-time teaching load.
Planning and Preparation:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of students and their learning needs
- Select appropriate instructional goals that align with school standards
- Design coherent and engaging instruction that is student centered
- Assess student learning consistently and appropriately
- Communicate clearly and accurately
- Use quality questioning and discussion techniques
- Engage students in learning with a variety of pedagogical approaches
- Provide regular and appropriate feedback for students
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to student needs
The Classroom Environment:
- Create an environment of respect, warmth, and academic engagement
- Establish a culture for learning which embraces a growth mindset
- Manage classroom procedures consistently
- Manage student behavior in accordance with school norms
- Organize physical space with the needs of the child in mind
- Reflect on own teaching independently and with colleagues
- Maintain accurate records
- Communicate and partner with families
- Contribute to the school community through committee and outreach work
- Grow and develop professionally; be willing to share knowledge with colleagues as well as learn from colleagues.
- Show professionalism in decision making
- Collaborate with colleagues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree, with prior teaching experience. A Master's degree is preferred. Candidates must have excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently in dealing with the diverse elements of the academic environment. The individual must be capable of managing students in a variety of settings and situations and be actively engaged in the classroom and assigned duty activities. Experience with Reading Workshop Units of Study is preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.