St. Paul's School, founded in 1849, is a college-preparatory day school in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, with a co-ed Lower School and all-boys' Middle and Upper Schools.The school's mission, "Seek truth, knowledge, and excellence; live by faith, compassion, and integrity," is the daily standard for all members of our community.
Seek Truth, Knowledge and Excellence; Live by Faith, Compassion and Integrity.
The Upper School at St. Paul's - an International Baccalaureate school enrolling 350 boys in grades 9 - 12 - invites applications for the position of Upper School Chaplain for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be a school community leader whose impact and reach extend beyond the chapel into the lives of students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Serve as a spiritual leader for the division, and as such is an integral part of the Upper School Leadership Team.
- Serves as a classroom teacher, advisor, pastor, mentor, and extra-curricular coach.
- Serve as part of the Upper School Leadership Team along with the Upper School's Dean of Students, Counselor, Division Head, Academic Dean, and College Counselor.
- Administrative duties include responsibility for Upper School worship services, assemblies, student vestry, and both student and faculty retreats.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- Candidates must have an M. Div. or equivalent degree and be able to demonstrate success in developing and implementing youth programs.
- Preferred candidates will be ordained Episcopal priests with experience in school chaplaincy, teaching, and service learning.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.