The St. Paul's Schools
The St. Paul's Schools are pleased to announce an opening for full-time and part-time Safety and Security Officers.
The St. Paul's Schools offer something unique. Our community provides coeducational and single gender opportunities to cultivate student growth and academic achievement. From cradle to college, we empower boys and girls of all ages to learn in the ways that suit them best. Set on a stunning 125-acre campus, our three schools, St. Paul's Plus Preschool, St. Paul's School and St. Paul's School for Girls, are dedicated to the individual journeys and experiences of our students, ages six weeks through grade 12. We strive to graduate students who are citizens with a strong sense of self and empowered with the skills, spirit and independence to inspire, innovate, and contribute to the betterment of the global world.
The Schools are in search of a few dedicated individuals to serve as Safety & Security Officers. You will be an employee of the schools and not a security agency. We are looking for permanent year-round employees who are team players. We are looking for special people that will blend well with our tight niched community while being able to enforce regulations in a tactful manner. Starting pay will be $12.25 per hour. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Part-time positions are for Saturdays and Sundays 5:30 am - 2:00 pm or 1:30 pm - 11:00 pm.
Security personnel patrols building and campus grounds on foot, vehicle & bicycle to prevent and detect fire, burglary, vandalism, trespassers and mechanical malfunctions. Checks of doors and windows in buildings; searches of buildings if found unsecured; patrol parking lots and enforces parking regulations. Provides escort service for students, faculty and vendors when called on. Investigates reports of security breaches and responds to emergency situations. Challenge persons that are trespassing and notify Police if necessary.
- Assist and monitor emergency drills
- Patrols campus following prescribed routes
- Investigates malfunctions observed or reported, including problems of temperature, lighting, open windows and doors
- Prepares a daily activity reports
- Opens buildings for authorized entries
- Identifies building maintenance needs not requiring prompt attention and submits work orders to correct noted items
- Makes appropriate communications in accordance with established procedures to issues requiring prompt attention
- Assists emergency services, if required
- Provides vehicle traffic control on campus
- Provides vehicle parking assistant, as required
- Escorts students, faculty and service providers
- Makes established building and property rounds
- Provides a high degree of visibility while on duty
- Prior security experience is not necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be reliable, timely and responsive
- Candidate must be physically able to patrol the campus and to respond quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- All applicants must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
While performing the duties of this job, physical demands may include:
- Hearing and speaking: Adequate to perform job duties and communicate in person and over the telephone
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens
- Requires bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, running, squatting and sitting
- May require occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=5078&Lock....
The St. Paul's Schools are equal opportunity employers.