As we strive to live out the philosophy of the school on matters of diversity and better communicate our programs and beliefs, we would like to hear from you about our ongoing efforts. Each division now has a diversity coordinator to assist with programs in each of the three schools. Our positions were created to:
- Support the philosophy of the school on diversity
- Bring to life our beliefs on diversity as indicated in our mission statement
- Represent the school on issues of diversity both regionally and nationally
- Serve as a resource to various school constituencies including parents, students, alumni, faculty and staff
- Counsel and mentor students on issues of diversity
- Assist classroom teachers with the development of a multicultural curriculum
- Facilitate ongoing community dialogue on issues related to diversity
- Further the training of the administration, faculty, and staff on issues of diversity
- Help build a safe and supportive environment for our student body and faculty that allows for a greater understanding of differences.
- Collaborate with the Multicultural Liaisons to the Parent Association
Each of the three schools at St. Paul’s supports events and other initiatives that speak to our commitment to diversity and we encourage you to support each school by attending these events. Also within each school is a program connected directly to our philosophy on diversity that engages our students in age appropriate ways.
Please e-mail us if you have questions, comments, or concerns regarding our diversity programs:
Lower School: Kaoru Kimura
Middle School: Peter Shaifer
Upper School: Sanford Groff
Thank you for your support.